Factory Seconds Fokker E.V./DVIII Balsa Kit
Full kit with defects in the laser cut parts | Includes glue and coloured tissue
✓ In stock
❌ Sorry! We're out of stock
FREE UK Mainland Delivery on orders over £30 | 90 Day No Quibble Returns | Click For Worldwide Shipping Info | Order by Phone: 01629 258240
You’ll earn 0 reward points with this purchase.
AT A GLANCE
Wingspan: 18" (460mm)
Ease of build: Intermediate
Flying skill: Intermediate
Power system: Rubber
All up weight: 25g
FACTORY SECONDS FOKKER E.V./DVIII
At VMC, absolute quality is highly important to us.
We thoroughly check each sheet of cut parts for unwanted artefacts from the laser cutting process and occasionally we find rejects.
What’s wrong with them? Sometimes there is a slightly burned edge, sometimes the laser hasn’t fully cut through a part.
It’s all very trivial for the average modeller who can fashion the odd part from the balsa sheet offcuts.
It doesn’t feel right to simply waste these parts by throwing them away, so instead we are offering them to those of you out there who don’t mind having a few questionable parts and would rather have a big discount.
INCLUDED IN YOUR KIT
- Balsa wood & ply sheets with precise laser cut parts and strip wood.(some or all of the sheets may have defects)
- PVA glue for building the wooden frames.
- One 150mm diameter plastic propeller.
- One pre-bent motor hook and shaft.
- A 225mm long piece of 8mm diameter balsa dowel for the engine cylinders.
- A 100mm long piece of 4.8mm diameter balsa dowel for the gun details.
- Four low friction plastic ‘nose’ bushings– two for the propeller and two for the undercarriage wheels.
- Piano wire for the main undercarriage legs.
- A 225mm long piece of 2mm diameter ABS Filament for the engine induction pipes
- Three cocktail sticks or toothpicks, one for the motor peg and the others for use in various details
- Rubber motor strip.
- Tissue to cover the model.
- A piece of clear acetate for the screen and “trim tabs”.
- A precisely moulded plastic cowling
- Parts reference sheets (W), full size summary plan sheets (X), scheme diagram sheet (Y) and scheme markings (Z) printed on lightweight paper.
FOKKER EV/DVIII ORIGINAL INSTRUCTION BOOKLET
Download a spare copy of the instruction booklet included in your kit here:
FOKKER EV/DVIII MARKINGS SHEET
Click the link below to download a pdf version of the markings sheet included in the Fokker DVIII kit.
The markings sheet should fit onto a single A4 page and may be printed onto your own paper or decal transfer sheet.
FOKKER EV/DVIII PATTERNS SHEET
Download a pdf version of the patterns for acetate and paper/card parts originally drawn on the plan.
This will save you from having to cut into your beautiful plan!
Most orders are shipped via Royal Mail’s Tracked 48 service.
For larger or heavier orders, we use UKMail/DHL to deliver your package on a Next Working Day service.
Shipping is free to UK Mainland addresses for orders over £30.00, otherwise we charge £6.00 for Royal Mail Tracked 48 parcels and £12.00 for UKMail/DHL Nest Working Day.
Items that fit within Royal Mail International Tracked Medium Parcel parameters (59cm x 17cm x 15cm weighing less than 2kg) can be sent to most countries outside the UK.
For example up to 3 of our smaller 18” wingspan kits can fit into one of these parcels.
A parcel like this currently costs around £14 to Europe and around £18 to send to the USA and will take up to 3 weeks to arrive. This is because Royal Mail hands over the parcel to the local Post Office service for your country who have to clear it through customs and then deliver it to you.
The Royal Mail tracking code also transfers over to the tracking for your country’s postal service.
For items that do not fit within Royal Mail International Tracked Medium Parcel parameters, we use standard international couriers such as DHL, FedEx and UPS.
These companies use something called volumetric weights to calculate the cost of shipping.
For example, a Balsa Basics RC bundle kit that measures 102cm x 34cm x 16cm and weighs 2.5 kg is actually calculated at 14kg!
This makes these very expensive to send outside the UK - a large kit can cost nearly £40 to send to France.
Be the first to review this product.Leave a review