DASSAULT/DORNIER ALPHA JET FIGHTER by TSP
Wingspan: 9.5" (240mm)
This laser cut, pre-coloured, balsa wood profile kit can be enjoyed as a simple rubber-launched "chuck glider" or as a rocket-powered, free-flight glider.
Super simple construction and containing everything you need to build it, this kit is remarkable value for money.
If you plan to fly using a rocket motor, the TSP L-1 is the one to go for.
Plan and instruction sheet
1. 3mm balsa hull - 1 piece
2. Vertical stabiliser (direction) 1mm balsa - 1 piece
3. Horizontal (high) stabiliser, right balsa 1.5mm - 1 piece
4. Horizontal (high) stabiliser left balsa 1.5mm - 1 piece
5. Right wing balsa 1.5mm - 1 piece
6. Left balsa wing 1.5mm - 1 piece
7. Container for the TSP L-1 engine - 1 piece
8. Self-adhesive aluminium foil - 1 piece
9. Starting hook - bamboo fi2mm - 1 piece
And additional components:
- A set of 2 colours of paints with a brush-1set
- Stickers with jet markings / graphics - 1 set
- Cyanoacrylate adhesive SuperGlue - 1 piece
- Balance (plasticine) - 1 piece
- Sandpaper - 1 piece
- Modelling rubber for a slingshot / catapult 1x3x500mm - 1 piece
Suitable for ages 14+ if flying as a rubber launch glider only.
For rocket powered flight, you must be aged 18+ or be supervised by a responsible adult over 18 years of age.
Most orders are shipped via Royal Mail’s Tracked 48 service.
For larger or heavier orders, we use UKMail/DHL to deliver your package on a Next Working Day service.
Shipping is free to UK Mainland addresses for orders over £30.00, otherwise we charge £6.00 for Royal Mail Tracked 48 parcels and £12.00 for UKMail/DHL Nest Working Day.
Items that fit within Royal Mail International Tracked Medium Parcel parameters (59cm x 17cm x 15cm weighing less than 2kg) can be sent to most countries outside the UK.
For example up to 3 of our smaller 18” wingspan kits can fit into one of these parcels.
A parcel like this currently costs around £14 to Europe and around £18 to send to the USA and will take up to 3 weeks to arrive. This is because Royal Mail hands over the parcel to the local Post Office service for your country who have to clear it through customs and then deliver it to you.
The Royal Mail tracking code also transfers over to the tracking for your country’s postal service.
For items that do not fit within Royal Mail International Tracked Medium Parcel parameters, we use standard international couriers such as DHL, FedEx and UPS.
These companies use something called volumetric weights to calculate the cost of shipping.
For example, a Balsa Basics RC bundle kit that measures 102cm x 34cm x 16cm and weighs 2.5 kg is actually calculated at 14kg!
This makes these very expensive to send outside the UK - a large kit can cost nearly £40 to send to France.