The Minimoa 100 is a truly breathtaking, gull-wing, scale radio controlled sailplane, for the experienced builder.
AT A GLANCE
- Wingspan: 100" (254 cm)
- Power system: Glider; Suitable for RC
Born from a thread started several years ago on the RC Groups forum, this is a massive project to play with and features top quality laser cut parts to save time with construction. Based on some of the test builds, all up weight should be around 3lbs 2oz (1430g) with the COG around 3.5" of root rib (43%).
A really good flyer, that looks fantastic in the air. Lovely!
The original build thread is here: Minimoa Build Thread
- Full size plotted plans with basic instructions
- 23 sheets of laser cut balsa wood parts
- 3 sheets of laser cut plywood parts
- 2 sheets of laser cut bass wood parts
- Piano wire, steel rod and brass tubes
- Semi-pneumatic wheel and tyre
- Vacuum-formed canopy
- Snakes, quick-links and mylar hinges
- 2.5mm carbon rod
- Covering material (Oracover or Oratex recommended)
- Radio Gear (Servos, transmitter, receiver, battery)
- 100" (254 cm)
great glider!!! looks so beautiful.it´s flying easy an stabil. i additional mounted upper flaps an motor.Total weight 1,6 kg. Thanks for this Top Kit. greatings from germany
I recently completed your excellent Minimoa, and thought you might appreciate a few photos of her. Feel free to use them if you'd like. Not got a flight video yet, but she flies great! I made a couple of mods- to the cockpit area which I deepened so I could get a pilot in there, and fitted some JP airbrakes as she's such a floater. On the whole I thought it was an excellent laser cut kit which kept me busy for many, many, hours! [originally posted on our old website 20/07/2015]