A NEWLY REDESIGNED CLASSIC
The original much-loved Keil Kraft Minimoa has been completely redesigned for 2-channel RC and to bring it up to the standards of precision laser cutting. This is a 50" glider for 2-channel RC, but could be built for 'free flight' if so desired. Designed by Chris Long, it is now an entirely original kit, separate from the KK Reproductions range.
- Designed for RC - requires 2 x 4-5g micro servos, 400mAh Nicad (or similar lipo and BEC equivalent) flight battery and small receiver.
- New wing box with superior strength
- Removable wings
- Former realignment
- Straightened stringers
- Strengthened wheel axle box
- New scale canopy
This kit is a laser-cut replica of the 1930s Göppingen Gö 3 Minimoa sailplane.
Construction of the model from this kit uses the traditional method of "stick and tissue", that consists of a built up balsa wood skeleton (framework), covered with a tissue skin.
The balsa frameworks are built over a plan that is printed at the exact scale of the model, which is in essence a real engineering drawing.
Designed for 2 channel micro RC, but can built for 'Free flight'.
This type of traditional building technique and flying requires a degree of patience and skill, but is extremely rewarding.
- Balsa wood and plywood sheets with precise laser cut parts
- Vacuum-formed canopy and acetate for glazing
- Piano wire for undercarriage and tow hook
- Aluminium Tubing
- Mylar hinges and Carbon Fibre control rods
- Rubber tyre for wheel
- Tissue to cover the model
- Full size printed plan with instructions
- 50" (1270mm)
This is such a great kit. I am half way through the build, but wanted to write something on this. I was worried to begin with that there were no visual instructions but what was sent is perfect. The scale plans are perfectly detailed, the parts are all listed on paper and the instructions are great (very detailed and I love that all the part codes are bold). Arrived in time. Thank you Vintage. It will be the Spitfire next :)