In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we'd like to reassure you that we are continuing to operate, produce planes and send out your hobby supplies to beat the boredom of being stuck at home!
- The VMC team is continuing to operate from our HQ in the Derbyshire countryside.
- Currently we are all fit and well and keen to crack on as usual, whilst exercising all possible caution according to government guidelines.
- As long as we have enough people here, we will continue production and development at our usual "full steam ahead" pace.
- We are continuing to work with Royal Mail and other delivery services to get your parcels to you in good time.
- In most cases, delivery drivers will drop off parcels without you having to physically sign for them.
- Due to this situation, please allow an extra 3-4 working days to turn arround your order due to reduced manpower and minor domestic shipping delays. Some international deliveries may also be held up at borders. We're working as hard as we can so will try to reduce this if possible!
- If any of our staff are forced to self-isolate in the coming weeks, we would ask that you allow extra time for order turn around, with less members of our team available for packing parcels.
LATEST DELIVERY NEWS
For DHL UK Deliveries:
Accepted at Delivery Point available 18/03/2020
We recognise that in light of the uncertainty regarding coronavirus that it is paramount to ensure that we have processes in place to enable consumers to continue to receive deliveries while they may be at home for a period of time.
Our delivery choices will remain in place to ensure that consumers can arrange deliveries to suit them, whether selecting a safe place for our driver to leave the parcel or arranging to collect from a local DHL Parcel UK ServicePoint.
For consumers who want to accept deliveries at home but are self-isolating and minimising physical contact, a new delivery type description ‘Accepted at Delivery Point’ is now available.
On arrival at the delivery address our driver will knock or ring the bell and will then step away to a safe distance. If the consumer advises that they wish not to sign on the scanner, the driver will ask for their name, record ‘Accepted at Delivery Point’ and then take a photo of the premises to confirm delivery has been completed succesfully.
If a consumer is unable to come to the door, a calling card will be left advising of alternative delivery options. A friend or family member can collect the parcel from either the local DHL Parcel UK depot or ServicePoint, they will just require the calling card, and ID for themselves and the person they are collecting on behalf of.
For Parcelforce UK Deliveries:
Changes to our delivery procedure in relation to signing for and receiving items in the UK
In order to protect both our people and customers as much as possible, we will not be handing over our hand-held devices to customers to capture electronic signatures. Our drivers will instead log the first and last name of the person accepting the item then put 'XP1' in the signature field, and we will record the geolocation of the delivery. This will apply to all deliveries that normally require a signature.
For full information on our response to this global situation, please visit parcelforce.com/coronavirus
The latest service updates can be viewed here
We hope you all stay safe and healthy!
Last updated Thu 27th March