Legends of Flight
- Wingspan - 52"
- Build Skill Level - Beginner/intermediate (you might have built a couple of balsa models before)Flying Skill Level - Beginner
- Channels - 2
- Power System - Electric R/C
- Servo Size - 9g
This kit is a laser-cut replica of the original Veron Impala. Construction of the model from this kit uses the traditional method of "stick and tissue", that consists of a built up balsa wood skeleton (framework), covered with a tissue skin. The balsa frameworks are built over a plan that is printed at the exact scale of the model, which is in essence a real engineering drawing. The kit was designed for RC but at a time when it was very expensive and bulky so the model was designed such that it could be flown with just one channel if necessary.
Modern RC gear can easily be fitted to control the rudder and elevators.
This type of traditional building technique and flying requires a degree of patience and skill, but is extremely rewarding.
- Balsa wood sheets with precise laser cut parts and strip wood.
- Acetate sheet for canopy.
- Tissue to cover the model.
- Full size printed plan with instructions.
Recommended to Complete
- 52" (1320mm)