The long awaited Bluebottle Typhoon is here! This is a delux kit for this rubber powered flying scale model, ideal for conversion to electric & mini radio control. Designed exclusively for Bluebottle squadron products by Mike Midkiff. 1/16th scale, gives an impressive 32 inch wingspan.
Please note! The images included on this product page are of a Bluebottle Squadron Typhoon that has been built as a radio control model with less dihedral and an electric power system.
This balsa model aircraft kit is a pro-build. You’ll want to assemble this one over several weeks, or even months, to make the most of it. It’s the ultimate builders experience. That being said, it would make the ideal long-term project for anyone with some solid balsa building experience.
Although the Bluebottle Typhoon is designed as a free flight kit, it is the ideal basis for an RC conversion. With a wingspan of 32”, experienced builders will have no trouble wiring up a brushless motor, small ESC, receiver and four micro 5g servos. You can find a complete package of all of these electronics here - but please note this is not a friendly project for beginners! Please see our Balsa Basics range for easy yet fun beginner RC projects.
- 32" Wingspan (864mm)
- Rubber powered
- Quality strip wood & laser cut balsa parts.
- Full size CAD drawn plans & comprehensive instruction booklet.
- Quality coloured covering tissue.
- Lightweight built up wheels.
- Moulded spinner & exhaust stubs.
- Optional ’Car door’ or bubble canopies.
- Propeller, rubber motor & hardware.
- Plus a complete set of quality water slide decals, with optional markings.
- 32" (813mm)