24" VERON FLEDGLING
The Veron Fledgling is a nice, traditionally built up, vintage, beginners' rubber-powered, free-flight duration model, with excellent flying performance. Outerzone describes it as "A simple model with contest performance designed expressly for beginners"
AT A GLANCE
- Wingspan: 20" (50.8 cm)
- Power system: Rubber; Free flight
- Manufacturer: Veron
- Difficulty: Beginner
The Fledgling features top quality, precision laser-cut parts to aid accurate, speedy construction and would make a great first flying model. As with many of our duration rubber models, the Fledgling can easily be modified by the experienced builder to take lightweight electric motor and 3 channel R/C equipment, for relaxed summer evening flying.
- Balsa wood sheets with precise laser cut parts
- Ply cut part
- Strip wood.
- 9" diameter plastic propeller.
- One low friction plastic nose bushing for the propeller
- Two plastic wheels
- Piano wire
- Brass tubing
- F.A.I. 3/16" rubber motor strip.
- Tissue to cover the model.
- Full size printed plan with instructions.
- Wood glue
Model pictured courtesy of Brian Lever features coloured tissue and markings not included in the kit
- 24" (61 cm)