This is a Legends of Flight short kit that includes all of the wood pack components to assemble a 24" SE5a WW1 fighter plane, allowing you to source your own custom hardware, onboard electronics, battery and transmitter.
This kit builds up a detailed replica airframe with parts that fit together perfectly.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Full 18 sheet wood pack with all of the wing, fuselage, undercarriage, struts and tail parts you need
- Detailed 1:1 scale engineering building plans
- Full colour water slide transfer sheet
- Instructional Booklet
NEEDED TO COMPLETE
- Suitable electronics (brushless motor, ESC, 2x 5g servos, receiver and transmitter, and a 2s 450mah battery) - https://www.vintagemodelcompany.com/copy-of-flite-test-power-pack-a-radial-edition.html
- 6x3 propeller
- Your choice of covering material
- Wire for the undercarriage
- Suitable wood glue and epoxy
- Sand paper
Want a complete kit? Here is the deluxe version shipped to you in a handmade crate with all of the glues, materials, electronics and accessories you'll need to finish the aircraft.
HISTORY OF THE ROYAL AIRCRAFT FACTORY SE5A C1149/W
Introduced towards the end of WWI, the agile yet stable Royal Aircraft Factory SE5a, helped the Royal Flying Corps to gain air superiority over the German Luftstreitkräfte.
This kit is an authentic representation of the SE5a (C1149/W) flown by Duncan Grinnell-Milne, Commanding Officer of No.56 Squadron RFC from 1917. It featured a one-off colour scheme and carried the name "Shweinhund" - a reference to how German guards would address him and fellow POWs when he was captured in 1915.
The first release in our “Legends of Flight” range of RC models, the SE5a makes the perfect introduction to true “aero-modelling” if you demand more than just foam “ready to fly” models.
SEE IT IN ACTION
Watch this short video to see the Legends of Flight SE5a in its natural habitat.